More root word learning for this week’s Wordy Wednesday. But before that, I have to ask if you are using what you already know? Are you examining unknown words and asking yourself if there is anything about that word that you already know—a root, prefix, or suffix?
Today’s root: SUPER, SUR, SUM
What do you already know about this ABOVE root:
- surpass—to go above and beyond
- summit—above; the high mountain or peak
- supersede—to be above in authority, etc.
- superstition—a belief that is ABOVE the normal
- super star—a star above others