Find the action verbs (those that are infinitives—to plus a verb and those that are action verbs without to. Remember—a sentence can have many action verbs throughout it.
- Joshua and Jonathan drove to the church early, opened the doors, and began shooting hoops.
- Ray went to work early since he wanted to be home in time to go to basketball practice with Jacob that evening.
- Since the regular coach attended a meeting that day, Josiah coached the kids with enthusiasm.
- Kayla went to work right away, meeting people and helping where ever she was needed.
- Donna loved to write, edit, and teach.
- Kids tend to laugh loudly, play rough, and jump around when the weather starts dumping rain too many days in a row.
- She was going to cook the meal, clean the dining room, and pay bills, but her novel was calling her name.
- They did not want to be late arriving since they were about to perform a very important piece.