Want to share a super source for those helping kids with homework, reading a difficult book, teaching...well, really, anybody. It is Merrriam Webster's Online Dictionary.
Some of the features we like:
1. Type in any word--it finishes them for you (for those who say, "I can't use a dictionary if I don't know how to spell the word to begin with"!)
2. Type in any word and get the definition
3. Type in any word and click "thesaurus" to get synonyms and even some antonyms
4. Click on the speaker and listen to someone say the word--we do this every week before we give spelling tests to ensure that we are pronouncing harder words correctly for our students
5. Links at the bottom of the dictionary page for each word with more sites, etymologies, and much more!
Trust me...you will love Merriam Webster Online!